Tuesday, November 16, 2010

True Winds of Change



At Home I at once realized there was no future for me in America.


So I looked to the internet for help and I met the most wonderful and beautiful woman from Ukraine.

























While she was in the former Soviet Republic and I was stuck here in the USA on parole we corresponded via Instant Message, Email, and video conference, which was all very new -- not only to me but to the world --at the time. We did this for nearly three year. Needless to say, in spinte of the use of the interent, telephone bills were huge! A month after our first correspondence I told her my life story and I also told her that I could not leave the USA for three years while I was on parole. I promised her that I would be in Ukraine the very first month that I was off of parole; I honored my promise. I am very fortunate that she waited for me.













Once in Ukraine I saw that it was as beautiful as she was. Also while there, I realized that it had so much more freedoms than Americans can only dream of. I spent 6 weeks with her on my first visit and then I made a series of shorter visits.














I knew from our very first meeting that this was the woman of my dreams and that I was going to marry her. Within a year after my visit we were married and she was here in the USA with me.















We still plan to retire in Ukraine. Changing my life was the best move I ever made. We have a wonderful life together. However, my heart still aches because I was not able to say that I am sorry for the way our lives together turned out to my first wife. I regreat not being able to wish her all of the best that this life has to offer her. And -- above all -- I will always be an empty feeling and a pain in my heart for my three children...Eddy, Shelly, and Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment